Wednesday, October 26, 2005

as the nights draw in

I Sincerely Apologise For All The Trouble I've Caused - David Ford


He sounds familiar - brittle, but never broken. A light at the periphery of vision, insistent, almost maddening - there to remind you of something you dare not forget.

The tracklist alone reads like the note that you stick beside your mirror - a mantra of all the things you said, all the places you avoid, all the people you could be.

An album comfortable to face up to contradictions - it resonates with a poem I read this week claiming - 'My tears despise my knowledge, and vice versa.' Patrick Mackie


Current highlights - Katie, If You Only Knew, Laughing Aloud.


Current favourite lyric -
'the truth
Well its for students of philosophy,
and faith is for losers like us.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home